Friday, October 08, 2004

Long Live the Core

For all you laymen out there, whenever a program crashes in a Linux environment, it often writes out the exact state of the program at the moment of the crash into a file called a core. "Segmentation fault (core dumped)" are four words that you'll read VERY often when you're first learning to code in C/C++ on a Linux machine.

Once we got over the frustration and realised that a core can be quite useful for debugging, a core dump became a programmer's metaphor for "Say everything that's on your mind on [insert topic here]". That's what this blog is going to be about.

My main problem is that there are too many things that I like to talk about for me to pick just one or two, so I'm not going to. If all goes well, this blog will be my way of proving to myself that I can talk about anything and make it interresting. And hopefully, by the time you read this, there'll be more than one entry, and you'll be able to see the vast variety of topics I plan on covering here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home