Thursday, May 11, 2006

Like a phoenix

I'm tired of not posting on this blog. In fact I've been tired of not posting for a while now, so I'm just breaking the ice with what is essentially another Core Dump. I'm just gonna blurt out whatever's on my mind and hopefully it'll be an interesting read by the time I'm done.

First of all, let me just say that I don't think "Wii" is significantly more stupid than any other console name that's out there. I remember finding "Xbox" so incredibly stupid the first couple times I heard it, and I remember I wasn't the only one either. Didn't seem to hurt their sales. I don't think the name will have a big impact on the number of units they sell. They've reeled in enough niche players (myself included) to get a comfortable start at worst, plus the nostalgia value will help them greatly too. I hope.

I finished Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow yesterday. I could've finished it sooner, but I've purchased Brain Age and it's been taking up alot of my mobile gaming time recently. I've only begun to get fed up of it, but I don't see myself ever stopping. Being a programmer who doesn't get much sleep, I almost consider that game a work tool. I've played it every day on my way to work for the last two weeks.

Anyway, Castlevania DS looks VERY promising. Nice use of the touch screen. That reminds me of an interesting point: Nintendo has what I consider to be a proven track record of integrating new and/or unusual mechanics into their franchises without breaking the spirit of the game. That's yet another reason I'm not worried about the Wii hurting Nintendo. At worst, they'll end up another Sega, only they won't have as much room to innovate with since MS and Sony seem determined to offer upgrades to what we've always known.

I think I've ranted enough for now. Plus I gotta go catch some zzzzs. I hope to do this again soon. I'd rather have more lower quality posts than none at all. This mixed with the occasional re-post should keep things moving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home