Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Sweet, sweet July...

Well this is my first blog entry from my new apartment. I've been pretty busy setting it up recently. Things are going great at work, which means I'm just busy enough to feel alive without stressing. I've rediscovered a nice little piece of geek entertainment called speed runs. This is where a player tries to blaze through a game from start to finish in as little time as possible. Examples of stuff I've watched include Metroid Prime done in 1 hour 4 minutes, and a personal favorite of mine, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, done in 43 minutes. A more extreme example is Morrowind in 7 minutes 30 seconds. Obviously they don't unlock any secrets. Or die.

In other news, the Gamefaqs message boards continue to provide me with occasional jewels of entertaining reading. It's enough to make me wanna start a series called "Senseless quotes from Gamefaqs".

And now for afew links:

1 Comments:

At August 03, 2006 8:49 p.m., Blogger Rock Joe said...

It took a buddy of mine to remind me that FF9's main character is Zidane. The rest writes itself!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home