Monday, March 28, 2005

Sony stumbles out of the gates...

Shortly after its release in Japan, there were reports of dead pixels littering the screens of the PSP. This is yet another reason for me to stick with the Nintendo DS as my choice for handheld gaming. Sony reports that dead pixels are frequent for all LCD screens. Also, this seems to be a relatively minor problem, since pixels that stay lit, or unlit will jump out mainly when the entire screen is the same color, which pretty much never happens in videogames, or any other medium.

This makes me curious as to what technology Nintendo uses to display its graphics. If dead pixels are as frequent as Sony implies, reports would've come in for the DS as well. This story will definitely influence the kind of surfing I do on my spare time during the next couple of weeks.

1 Comments:

At April 15, 2005 7:53 p.m., Blogger Rock Joe said...

Yeah last week one of my co-workers told me that he's never seen an LCD screen that DIDN'T have dead pixels. I guess people just love to complain.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home