Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Anniversary Rant

On this, the one month anniversary of my last rant, I feel it's time to set the record straight. I've been letting myself go as far as blog posts are concerned, and I hope to get back on track. But first, an update: For the second half of June I was on vacation. As great as it is to love your job, it really doesn't compare to being on vacation from a job you love. I was actually pretty busy at first because I was working on an unrelated project I had previously agreed to (that's the only reason I even GOT vacation like 3 months after I'm hired), but once that was over, I punched in some serious R&R. I also took a "technology holiday", which is why I didn't post anything here. The thought of doing anything even remotely technical was revolting at the time. Kinda like a surgeon who cuts his meat with a scalpel when he's away from work. I barely did any browsing, and I ceased to exist entirely on MSN...

I gotta admit I kinda freaked out yesterday when I realized I had let an entire month go by without an update. The problem certainly isn't that I've run out of things to say. I've had rants backed up for a while now, some of which I'm saving for when/if I have a true readerbase to speak to. I guess I've just had trouble finding that special balance between having the time to blog, and the energy to do it. But that shit's over now. Blog on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home