Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Game on for Nintendo!

DS owners everywhere, our prayers have finally been answered! Half-decent games are actually starting to come out for our handheld. There was no doubt in my mind that it would eventually happen. Castlevania: DoS was reason enough for me to look forward to playing something kick-ass on my DS, but it turns out that I won't have to wait until the Christmas season. Kirby: Canvas Curse came out a couple weeks ago, and even though it seems to be a clone of Yoshi Touch & Go, the review did a good job of making it stand out and earn my respect for it as its own game. Unfortunately, it's just not my kind of game. If it was, I would probably already own Yoshi T&G by now. The game I'm REALLY talking about is Meteos, which game out at the end of June. The gameplay is very similar to Bejeweled on the surface, but the differences are significant.

You have to align different-colored blocks to form lines of 3 or more. You can only slide the blocks vertically, which will take alot of getting used to for people with lots of Bejeweled experience. For more details, you can read the review, but suffice it to say that Meteos has everything I want in a DS game: Personality, challenge, strategy, and the ability to play for a minute and still have a worthwhile experience. I encourage everyone who's into puzzle games to get themselves a copy, because we have to make DS development profitable. Besides, I'm quite convinced that all DS owners are so starved for games that they'll jump on any bone that's thrown at them. Meteos is definitely a big juicy one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home